How to Export Excel Files to PDF Other Different File Types
By default, Excel workbooks are saved in the .xlsx file type. However, there may be times when you need to use another file type, such as a PDF or Excel 97-2003 workbook. It's easy to export your workbook from Excel in a variety of file types.
When you create a new Excel workbook and you save that workbook for the first time, it will be saved with .xlsx extension by default. But if you have a friend that doesn’t have Excel installed on his computer and he needs to review your Excel data or work, you need to convert .xlsx file into another file extension. To do so you need to follow steps below.
- Click on File and then Export on bottom of File Menu. A Panel will appear on right side if you want to Export file in .PDF format Then Click on Create PDF/XPS Document Then Click on Create PDF/XPS
- A Save As Window will appear. You have to Select Location Where you want to save your .PDF file and Give that File a Name and Then Click Publish.
- Excel will Export worksheet only that are currently active. If you are working on a workbook that has more than 1 worksheet and you want them all to export on one .PDF file. Click on Options in Save As Window.
- After Clicking on Options another window will appear, click on Entire Workbook Check Box and click OK to Export Entire Workbook in one .PDF file.
Exporting in another File Type
You can also Export your Excel File in other several types. To do so follow steps below.
- Go to File > Export and then Click on Change File Type
- After Clicking on Change File Type a Panel Will Appear on right side. Several Types are shown in that panel you can select your desired type and click on Save As Button. A Save As window will appear you can choose location where you want to save your file, give it a name, and here you can again change type of file you want to save.